Nonprofit Partner Year of Caring Grant Overview
United Way California Capital Region (UWCCR) believes that volunteerism matters and should happen all year round. We are stretching beyond a Day of Caring and introducing a Year of Caring to bring volunteers together to help nonprofits in the Capital Region achieve their goals. We are also launching a grant program to assist nonprofits with their volunteer projects. We encourage nonprofits, especially those whose work align closely with our Square One Project, to apply.
About the Square One Project
In 2016, United Way California Capital Region made a promise to our community when we launched the Square One Project to end poverty starting in school. Over the next 20 years, we will significantly increase in the number of kids who graduate from high school ready for success in college and beyond. The Square One Project identified four building blocks for success - keeping kids in school, keeping them on track, setting high expectations, and ensuring strong community support.
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Connection to Square One Project
- Ability to Impact Square One Project Goals
- Certified UWCCR Nonprofit Partner Status
- In-Kind/Grant Match
- Number of Volunteers Requested
- July - September (Deadline: July 5)
- October - December (Deadline: September 6)
- January - March (Deadline: December 6)
- April - June (Deadline: March 6)